Saturday came two days early for Rooftop Studio with a musical saga! We knew what was in store for us on a Thursday afternoon. With no party outfit whatsoever, we welcomed Vedant Parakh and Yojit Ahuja graciously. Best friends since the third standard by chance and partners in music by choice, their journey began 5 years ago today. Yojit was a dancer before his ‘accidental’ entry into the arena of music with his forcible (as he mentioned) best friend. Vedant, on the hand, discovered his love for verses and songs at the tender age of just 3! The passion was stirred to grow when his Nana Ji taught him the verses of Hanuman Chalisa’.
So, with our metaphorical alcohols (here coffee), lip syncs to our favourite songs and some signature dance steps (spot the mastermind behind Rooftop Studio, Kartik Gaggar adding some grooves to the party at 19:15), we reclined back on our seats, ready to tap our feet at every beat and do some brain dance as Vedant and Yojit began with their song collection.
Here’s a discography of all the songs they sang at their respective timestamps:
- At 9:15, Vedant paid his tribute to the doctors by singing Teri Mitti,
- Starting from 11:00, ‘Photo’ was sung,
- Then, at 12:15, the old but gold song ‘Badan Pe Sitaare Lapate Hue’ was performed,
- At 12:50, our all-time favourite ‘Gulabi Aankhein’ was sung,
- 13:30 onwards, Pyaar Hamein Kis Mod Pe Le Aaya was sung,
- 14:38 onwards, a romantic musical mood was sparkled with ‘O Mere Dil Ke Chen’,
- 15:05 brings to you ‘Mere Sapno Ki Rani Kab Ayegi Tu’,
- At 16:30, melodious sparks were sent straight to our hearts with ‘Hamein Tumse Pyaar Kitna’,
- At 17:35, Ek Kudi was sung,
- Starting from 19:00, Slow Motion Angrez made us bust a move,
- Clicking at 19:58, some fun was added with the song ‘Matargashti’,
- At 20:55, we were on the seventh cloud with ‘Sau Aasmaano Ko’,
- 24:20 onwards, we had the soulful song ‘Soch’ presented,
- By 25:50, our young selves were back with ‘Dil Hi Toh Hain’,
- By 26:43, our flirty selves sang ‘Tu Hi Hain’,
- Starting with 28:00, ‘Daryaa’ song was sung,
- At 29:15, we were almost missing our ex’s with ‘Na Aye Ho Na Aaoge’,
- At 30:06, we were back to our party with ‘Subah Hone Na De’
- 30:50 onwards, we had some longing to meet our friends with ‘Tumhi Ho Bandhu’,
- At 31:30, ‘Mann Bharrya’ was sung,
- 33:02 had us at ‘Tera Yaar Hoon Mai’,
- A quick leap was taken at 35:25 with some Marwari sings: ‘Kesariya Balam, ‘Chaudhary’ at 36:20, ‘Hariyala Banna at 37:07,
- And back to basics! At 43:20, ‘Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lagein Hum’ was performed.
- At 45:45, ‘Oh Oh Jaane Jana’ was sung,
- By 47:45, ‘Baari’ was sung,
- At 49:10, ‘Beintehaan’ was performed,
- A nostalgic moment at 53:20 with ‘Choo Kar Mere Mann Ko’
- From 55:50, the melodic ‘Moh Moh Ke Dhaage’ was sung,
- 57:50 onwards, we heard ‘Choo Lo’
With the chat box full of love and appreciation, the celebration of an attendee’s birthday, and a Thursday in the makeup of a Saturday, we bid adieu to Vedant and Yojit and wished them all the best for their future endeavors.
Here’s us wrapping up, until then stay creative, stay motivated.
Rooftop Rajasthan Studio.